Anuj S. Puppala M.D.
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Anuj Puppala, a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, specializes in joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee, and shoulder, as well as arthroscopic surgery and fracture surgery. Additionally, Dr. Puppala performs minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacements, which are less painful and have shorter recovery times.
Upon graduation from Northwestern University, Dr. Puppala attended medical school at the Chicago Medical School and then went on to complete an internship and residency at Ochsner Clinic Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana.
During his time at Ochsner Clinic Hospital, Dr. Puppala served as associate team physician for the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Hornets sports teams. Dr. Puppala previously spent time as associate team physician for University of St. Francis in Joliet and currently serves as team physician for Romeoville High School in Romeoville, Illinois.
Dr. Puppala combines leading edge, minimally invasive techniques with proven traditional methods to provide patients with the best possible care.
- Residency, Ochsner Clinic Foundation New Orleans, LA
- Internship, Ochsner Clinic Foundation New Orleans, LA
- M.D., Finch University of Health Sciences/the Chicago Medical School Chicago, IL
Areas of Specialty
- Patient Specific Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
- Complex Fracture Management
- Sports Medicine
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Presence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Team Physician, Romeoville High School
- Former Associate Team Physician, University of St. Francis
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Associations (AMA)
951 Essington Road
Joliet, IL 60435
Phone: (815) 744-4551
Fax: (815) 744-4756
1870 Silver Cross Boulevard
Pavilion B, Suite 200
New Lenox, IL 60451
Phone: (815) 462-3474
Fax: (815) 462-1032